A determiner used in front of a noun to express possession or belonging (as in "my phone").
The possessive determiners in English are my, your, his, her, its, our, and their.
We use different possessive determiners depending on who owns the thing we are talking about.
- I am an actor. My favorite singers are Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley.
- He is the prince of Wales. His wife is called Camila.
- She is from Los Angeles. Her films include Tomb Raider and Mr & Mrs Smith.
- We are married. Our names are Bill and Hillary.
- They are spanish. Their surname is Iglesias.